Friday, February 11, 2011

Oh yes I did.

Once upon a time (5 years ago to be exact).  There was a fair maiden who looked like this:


The fair maiden had no concept of body conscious issues. 
To the extent that she had no problem walking around wearing only this:


Fast forward to a time when the maiden and her prince charming produced one of these:


...and then two more years later with the addition of another one:



After five blissful years of love and babies ... the lady returns to the same beach.
However, she looks more like this: 


Notice the absence of the string bikini and the strategic placement of the baby.
Let's take a closer look, shall we? 


What the heck is that?  
I wish you could see the sad state of affairs a little more clearly.  
Oddly enough ... these were the only pictures I could find of me ... in a bathing suit ... recently.

Life is like that, isn't it?  It's like in your mind you are young ... strong ... energetic ... in shape.
However, reality .... well that's a whole other ball game. 
Some people never find the reality of it.  I think that's part of truth behind some (most) of those 


Luckily ... my fine friend ... I have seen the light.  Hallelujah!  
Last summer I spent many hours chasing a toddler around our community swimming pool.
He was in and out of the water ... oh and he's part super hero so he's like lightening quick.  
Hence my running around the pool in only a bathing suit surrounded by my neighbors.  
My neighbors bring their kids to swim lessons and sit on the side lines (fully clothed), probably whispering about people like me
 (wet bathing suit that's riding up one cheek, bent over trying to grab a toddler who is too fast for a pause and girl part placement check ...).

I still have nightmares about it.  

Not this year folks.
Enter my savior .... weight watchers ... online.  
If you haven't tried this as a weight loss tool, I highly recommend it.  

This isn't my first tango with the "WW".  
Lets just say I left him hanging last time around.  

He brought in back up in the form of Lifetime Fitness and their kick-butt child care.  
Seriously ... the child care is reason enough.  

OK so I know I'll never be back to exactly where I was ... long long ago 
(before pushing 2 watermelons out my who-who).  

But ... I can at least give those neighbors something to REALLY whisper about.

Don't cha wish your neighbor was hot like me?
Don't cha? 

...oh and yeah I did ... I posted pictures of me in a bathing suit ... on the blog.
Rebel.

No comments:

Post a Comment